Saturday, May 4, 2013

Getting To the End of the 12WBT

Well it has been a fair while since my last post - it's been a busy time for me!

About 6 weeks into the Michelle Bridges 12WBT I began a 2 week stint working on MasterChef - I organised a two week filming schedule of fabulous challenges, based here in WA. So, I said farewell the husband and dog and moved into my hotel room at the Crown Promenade (no not the fancy Metropol, that's reserved for the talent and contestants - we plebs stay in the lesser fancy, but still lovely Promenade). 

Anyone who has ever worked on a show as big as MasterChef ( or anyone who's stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks!) knows the difficulties of eating right, exercising and staying focused on personal goals of any sort. To start with, as part of my job, I was invited to many dinner meetings - I have to attend and often the host is the chef so I must eat politely what is put in front of me. You trying saying no to the very suave and lovely Mr Guillaume Brahimi with whom i dined several times!

I was able to get in a bit of early morning exercise at the beginning of the week, but once we started filming, I was simply just exhausted - 12 - 15 hour days (and 1 x 22 hour day!) takes a lot out of a person - especially one who is doing IVF. However, I was more active than normal, just by being on set and I felt slightly better about the situation.

We had an amazing 2 weeks and I loved being back in the game - but it did not help my 12WBT journey. I didn't put any weight on, but I didn't lose any either. When I saw my husband at the end of the 2 weeks however, he looked AMAZING! He'd lost more weight and was really starting to look a whole lot slimmer - he seemed to have coped with his short stint as a bachelor just fine! I am so proud of him!

We've reached the end of the 12WBT program now and we are definitely better for having done it. Healthier, Happier, Positive, Motivated, Educated. We highly recommend the program and if you're a couple, doing it together is totally worth while.

Stay tuned for a final wrap up of my 12WBT thoughts, coming in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment