Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 1 12WBT - The Decision

My husband Andrew and I realised that something needed to be done about our weight gain. We'd both steadily put on weight over the years. We are currently going through IVF to try and have a baby - so far we've had 2 miscarriages - this is not the bad new that it sounds like! For the first time in year, we have an answer to the question 'Can we even get pregnant' and the wonderful answer is yes! I put on some extra weight during those 2 short pregnancies and now it's time to start again with a clean slate, a better attitude and a better, healthier body.

I first met Michelle Bridges during Celebrity MasterChef - she was one of the contestants I was given [Others being my business partner Eamon Sullivan, Swans player Ryan O'Keefe Australian Cricketer Simon Katich (yep - all the sporty ones!) as well as INXS's Kirk Pengilly & Singer Alex Lloyd] Michelle is as energetic, positive and outgoing as she is on screen and she is infectious in a positive way. When I filmed with Mish, I wished I could be like her - active, healthy - she always looked great, was always happy and handled the stress  of the show with ease. But I had a million and one excuses why I couldn't do it. I laughed it off. But now, some years later I have no more excuses, just a doctor saying it would be best to lose some weight and a mirror that constantly reminds me that I don't feel comfortable in my skin. 

Please don't get me wrong - I have a very healthy love and acceptance of who I am. I do think I am beautiful - in and out, but i want a healthier body that I feel comfortable in.

And so, it was an easy decision to make - Andrew and I signed up together to partake in Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment