Monday, February 25, 2013

Wk 2 - 12WBT - The First Real Hurdle

Week 2 was a tough one and I'm glad it's over! It's been a full on, emotional week which tested my ability to Just Do It! Due to an IVF procedure I wasn't able to do any exercise other than a 15-20 minute walk daily. This was doctors orders and when it comes to IVF, i definitely do whatever the doc says!

This was a bit of a blow to my overall motivation and to the momentum I had going in week 1. 

[On a quick aside, I totally forget to mention that during week 1, my mum and I went did Aqua Fitness - highly recommended by my physio for my back - anyways we turned up and I saw a sea of grey hair. It was me an about 50 Over 60's... all whom were fitter than me!] 

The walking is something I do daily anyway with our fabulous fur kid Louis Pierre so that was ok, but I felt wrong not doing anything after having such a great 1st week. There was no point dwelling though I just had to make sure I ate really well. [See shameless proud mother pic of Louis Pirrer attached to this post!]

What is amazing is that husband and I are doing the shopping together...and not killing each other! We use some shopping list App he found (Any List) which we can link together so that we can go in separate ways, cross items off the list as we get them and meet up at the end. GENIUS! The food has been great - especially breakfast. As I longtime breakfast skipper, I didn't realise how much variety you could have and how vital that we be to actually eating. The baked eggs was fabulous, the banana on toast - all great! 

We had our treat night on Thursday night as I was working at our cafe Louis Baxters - we have a BYO and Tapas night. It's just a trial but hopefully we'll start doing it every Thursday & Friday night. My job is to be the host - find people tables, get them set up, help them to order and generally to create a good vibe. It was a great night and I felt at ease eating a small amount - it wasn't the healthiest fair, but it was delicious! It was a good test as whenever I'm at the cafe i tend to pick at things in the kitchen which can mean eating a whole lot of bad stuff!

This week has been emotionally tough also as my wonderful, talented business partner, Olympic Swimmer Eamon Sullivan faced the media with 5 of his teammates about an evening of team bonding in Manchester prior to the Olympics. Seeing him on TV, knowing what a fabulous guy he is, knowing that he is deeply sorry and saddened by the events and the ripple affect it has had - It just broke my heart. It showed me that for the past 15 years he has willingly sacrificed a 'normal' life for a sport he loves to represent a country he loves, all with the backing of the Australian public, as long as he Never Ever puts a foot wrong . Eamon is more than just a swimmer who made a mistake though - he's a talented cook, a loyal and loving friend, a great business partner and my biggest supporter during this 12WBT adventure.

Anyway, Eamon has always shown me that it is through adversity that grow stronger and can live to fight another day. So here's to week 3 - I'm back in business!



No comments:

Post a Comment